19 for 19…
- World Transplant Games. Newcastle. August. Let’s do this! Training is underway.
- British Transplant Games. Newport. July.
- Write more blogs. Hope people read some.
- Get a job of some description. Earn some money.
- Spend said money, hopefully traveling and doing lots of cool things.
- Learn to drive. Seriously. Must learn to drive.
- Talk about Organ Donation, mental health and other important issues whenever and wherever I can. Make a difference.
- Get some new Personal Bests in and out of the swimming pool.
- Read more books.
- Don’t leave what can be done today, until tomorrow. Just do it now.
- Sort out sleeping pattern? Unlikely.
- Try new foods. Not very good at this. But don’t want to be twenty and still eating a slight variation of the same dish in every restaurant. Time to expand the horizons.
- Be more of an ethical consumer. Look into where companies money goes, how they treat their workers and the environment. Buy responsibly.
- More nights out. Party while you can.
- Educate myself more about issues that affect us all. Climate change. Feminism. Politics. Poverty. Be aware of the world around me.
- Move out. Hopefully. Travel somewhere, do something, fly the nest.
- Try stay out of hospital. As much as possible. Take meds, eat well etc etc and keep myself alive and fit.
- Spend time with the people I love. Have great experiences. Laugh with them. Enjoy the little moments.
- Be ambitious. Be kind. Be happy. Be myself.
I started this year with a dip on the freezing cold Ballycastle beach. There is a slight possibility that I am actually crazy.
I hope that this year is a great one for all of you.
This year will mark ten years since my second transplant, another big milestone for me. Yet another year that I have goals and ambitions and hopes for, because of the gift I was given by a total stranger and their family.
Let’s make 2019 happy.